After my post on how to clean up the target=”_blank” in a WordPress post I decided to turn my code into a WordPress plugin.
WordPress is my CMS of choice but I also love XHTML 1.1 which means that the default way WordPress handles for opening links in a new window doesn’t validate. That’s why I wrote this plugin.
- Upload the folder `ldb-external-links` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Presto, Your done! No configuration needed.
- Added a configuration page so you can choose the value of the rel attribute.
- First version of the plugin.